Plnar’s technology platform allows users to capture detailed property and loss information on their phones, with the data being used by insurers to support underwriting and claim processes.
Matthew speaks to CEO Andy Greff about how images captured remotely by policyholders are providing new insights on property characteristics, speeding up claims by removing the need for a home inspection and Plnar’s plans for further expansion.
Talking points include:
- The importance of creating digital measurements when performing remote claims assessments
- How Plnar evolved during Covid-19
- The importance of the policyholder and the role of “digital desk adjusters” in effective use of the system
- How developments in Artificial Intelligence enable essential loss details to be picked up when producing images from mobile phones
- 'Intelligent augmentation' vs Artificial Intelligence
- How Plnar is working with partners including CoreLogic
Plnar is one of the companies featured in the InsTech report, Property Remote Claims Assessment: the 40 Companies to Watch, which is available to download in our Reports section.
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the core necessities for insurers when performing remote claims assessments
- Define a 'digital desk adjuster' and their role in an insurance organisation
- Compare the benefits and challenges of implementing intelligence augmentation and artificial intelligence approaches
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.