ICEYE delivers what it calls “persistent monitoring capabilities for any location on earth” using synthetic aperture radar satellites. ICEYE’s data can be collected day or night and through cloud cover.
Its constellation of 21 satellites enables it to capture images before, during, and after a flood event multiple times a day.
Stephen Lathrope is the Global Head of Insurance for ICEYE and joined Matthew to discuss how ICEYE is expanding its offering from floods and into other natural perils, its ability to acquire information and the benefits of the geospatial platform.
Talking points include:
- What synthetic aperture radar is and why it is important
- The advanced field testing happening to enable insights and imaging of wildfires
- How the team at ICEYE delivered data within 24 hours following the floods in Queensland
- How the company works with partners including Arturo, AXA Climate, Swiss Re and EigenRisk
- How its data is acting as the trigger point in parametric insurance services
If you like what you are hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Define 'synthetic aperture radar' (SAR) and the benefits of using this for data collection
- Describe the process of capturing and delivering insights and imaging following natural catastrophes
- Summarise the relevance of SAR satellite data for the parametric insurance space
Let us know you have listened to this podcast by emailing email@example.com and if your organisation is a member of InsTech you will receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.